15% off April, May, June & July 2017 Rentals, booked by April 15th!
December Holiday Parties: 15% off Thursdays & Sundays (in Nov/Dec), or Lunch Appreciation Parties over by 4pm!
List of 2017 NIGHTTIME/EVENING Dates Already Booked, or not available: March 25, April 1, 7(art opening), October 13, Nov 4, 11(on hold), June 16(art opening), 23, 24, 25, July 1(hold), 30(hold), August 19, December 15
Inquire about morning/afternoon availability on dates above, or our discount for weekday corporate events.
A Unique Central Austin location for Holiday Parties, Receptions, Weddings, Birthdays, Corporate Events & more. Locally owned & operated Since 2010!
Black Lagoon is an Art Gallery & Event Space with monthly art exhibits that add a cool artistic element to any private event.
Prices include 1-3 TABC certified bartenders to serve drinks, cleanup and breakdown of furniture by our staff after your event, plus the use of our 75 black wooden chairs, 5 benches, 13 rectangle tables (6 ft), 10 tall cocktail tables, projector screen, black linens & more.
Decorating, Food & Beverage Drop-off, Load-in & Load-out must take place during your 5 hour minimum block of time. Additional hours can be added on to your rental at the time of booking*
$1200 with 46-75 attendees, 5 Hour Rental (includes 1 bartender): 15% off this price for April-July 2017*
- No discounts in December or on Holidays*
- 15% discount on starting rate for events with under 45 attendees, 35% discount under 25 attendees.
- $1350 for 76-100 attendees, includes 1 bartender *15% off May-July
- $1500 for 101-125 attendees. $1650 for 126-150 attendees (2 bartenders). $12 per additional attendee after 150 people. *15% off May-July
$150 per additional hour, $150 per additional bartender.
- Our minimum rental starts at 5 Hours & Includes Your Setup & Load Out Time – discounts do not apply to additional hours*
5 hour rental pricing includes our cleaning fee: We take care of sweeping, mopping, breaking down tables & chairs, and taking out garbage after your group has loaded out. We also provide trash cans & trash bags for during event. More info listed further down page.
*TOURS OF THE VENUE ARE BY APPOINTMENT VIA EMAIL ONLY*
15% off May, June & July 2017 Rentals, booked by April 15th!
List of 2017 NIGHTTIME/EVENING Dates Already Booked, or not available: March 25, April 1, 7(art opening), October 13, Nov 4, 11(on hold), June 16(art opening) August 19
We host a variety of monthly events: from private birthday parties to wedding ceremonies & receptions!
Follow us on Facebook to find out about our Art Exhibition Openings or Pop-Up Shows Open to the Public
Please EMAIL us to book a date or setup an appointment to TOUR OUR SPACE – HERE, or email singer [at] blacklagoongallery.com
TOURS are by appointment only*
Email is best for quickest response (*Please do not drop-in for a tour: We have scheduled private meetings, classes & workshops during all hours, and our rental clients are not obligated to show the space to walk-ups during their rented time*)
Parking available in our shared parking lot with The Parlor Pizza Restaurant next door, as well as 70 parking spots below the office building directly behind the gallery available on weekends and after 5pm Monday-Friday, free parking on Guadalupe Street, and neighborhood parking.
With 1700 sq ft of usable space, capacity for the gallery is 150 people standing. We also have a small front rock Patio area for use (20 person capacity).
The space works well for a setup of 40 to 80 people at tables in the back room with room for a cocktail lounge and food in the front room (or seating for an extra 40 people at tables in the front room). With all tables and chairs setup, our max capacity is 100 people (100 person capacity includes guests & catering staff).
–“With its unmistakable mural decorating the exterior of Hyde Park’s Eastern border, Gallery Black Lagoon has established itself as a hip new spot…Far from a stuffy fine arts gallery, the space doubles as a popular party spot…” – CultureMap.com
Due to the nature of our space, for larger parties we recommend serving Hors d’Oeuvres & Appetizers: food that is intended to be served at room temperature or dishes that will be hot upon delivery by your caterer.
We do not allow cooking inside of the building. In addition, there is no kitchen, prep area, or refrigeration on the premise. All dishes must be cleaned off-site* Using disposable cups, dishes and utensils, is strongly encouraged*
Food Caterers that we highly recommend:
–*You are free to provide your own complimentary alcohol to be served by our Black Lagoon TABC certified bartenders (bartender fee is included in our rental pricing).
TO CONFIRM a Booking: 50% of the full rental cost, along with a $150 refundable security fee (returned two weeks after event), is needed to secure your rental date. The remaining balance is due 30 days before event date.
* Room Rental price includes use of:
- (13) 6ft Long Banquet Tables (you can seat 8 chairs to a table)
- (10) Tall Cocktail/Bar Tables
- 75 Black Wooden Chairs
- 5 Wooden Benches (5ft long – image to right. Seats 3 people per bench)
- 13 Black Table Cloths (if wanted)
- 6ft White Projection Screen (attached to back wood wall – does not come with projector rental*)
- STEREO for background music. It is to be used for background music from and ipod, cd player, computer at a medium volume. DJs & Rental Parties must bring in their own PA/Sound System for Dance Parties**
- Garbage Receptacles & Liners
- Bathroom Supplies for during event
- Gallery Assistant on Duty (during setup and to lock up)
- Free Wireless Internet
PROJECTOR, MICROPHONE, PA Rentals from Rock n’ Roll Rentals: www.rocknrollrentals.com/gear/sample-packages/wedding-packages
We do not allow any underage drinking. Clients may bring in alcoholic beverages to be served to attendees that will be complimentary, at no cost to guests. You are free to provide your own alcohol to be served by a Gallery Black Lagoon TABC certified bartender (our bartender required for events with 35 or more guests). The gallery will provide a BARTENDER to serve your complimentary drinks & setup/breakdown the bar at the end of your event. With our bartending services the gallery will provide: a High Bar Table & Linen, 1 Storage Cooler (holds 2 bags ice as backup), 1 Serving Ice Bin/Clean Ice for Cocktails (holds 5 10lb bags of ice), 3 Tin/Beverage Buckets (each need 1 bag of ice to chill bottled drinks), Shakers, Strainers, Jiggers, Bottle Openers, Wine Keys, Pour Spouts, Cutting Board, Knife, Ice Scoops. Rental party must provide and bring in disposable cups, ice, straws, napkins, beverages & mixers. For events with 3 bartenders, a 2nd bar can be setup to serve just beer & wine (ice free beverages).
* For events with 35+ guests, our bartender is required
*ANY SALE of liquor, beer, or wine must be covered by OUR Catering Permit & Company (this does not apply to food). Please inquire for additional info. We allow absolutely no underage drinking. No unauthorized liquor can be brought onto the grounds and no opened containers are to leave the grounds.
ARTWORK & DECORATIONS: The gallery would not able to take down the artwork from our current exhibition that will be on the walls during your scheduled event, unless there was something that was offensive to you or your party. Any hanging decorations or banner placement would need to be approved. Decorations on the OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING or on the outside of the property are NOT permitted. Decorations on the inside of the building are allowed, though we do not allow glitter, confetti, rice, pebbles, rocks, hay/straw or moss inside or on the property. Decorations may NOT be hung from the drop-down ceiling tiles (floating or inflated balloons are allowed as long as not attached to the ceiling).
We welcome clients to bring in their own tables, chairs, table cloths, decorations, flower arrangements, food catering and other items if they would like. We do not require clients to obtain these items through us. Here are a few helpful websites for buying or renting items for your event: www.mypapershop.com www.rocknrollrentals.com – www.linentablecloth.com
Our gallery is the perfect event space for a birthday or holiday party, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, weddings, receptions, corporate meetings, community groups, birthdays, private parties, workshops & functions of all kinds!
DEPOSITS/CREDIT CARDS AND TERMS OF PAYMENT: Along with a signed contract, all events at Gallery Black Lagoon must be guaranteed with a major credit card. Gallery Black Lagoon requires a 50% deposit (down-payment) of total estimated charges at the time of room confirmation. This deposit may be in the form of a check or credit card. The full balance is to be paid within 30 days before the event*
A $150 refundable security fee is also due and payable no later than thirty days prior to the event. It is agreed that any additional charges incurred during the function will be deducted from this deposit prior to refund to the contracting party.The security deposit will not be returned if additional hours are needed for event time, including setup and breakdown (hourly fee for extra hours), if rental space is not left in a broom swept condition, or if there are any damages to the property or artwork inside or outside of the building. All garbage, personal belongings, decorations and equipment must be removed from the property during the scheduled event time/breakdown time in order to be refunded. The security deposit will be mailed in the form of a check to the contracting clients within 2 weeks after the contracted event has taken place. If damages or fees exceed the $100 security deposit, the contracting party will be held liable. Gallery Black Lagoon will have the right to request additional money to cover cleaning fees, repairs, and damaged or stolen items or artwork.
All cancellations are to be received in writing. In the event that a client should cancel this contract within 72 hours of signing the contract, CONTRACTING PARTY agrees to pay Gallery Black Lagoon a one hundred dollar ($100) administration fee to be deducted from the client’s deposit. If the facility cancels the contract within the first 72 hours, then the client’s deposit will be fully refunded. If written notice is received 90 (or more) days prior to the event rental date, a two hundred dollar ($200) administration fee will be deducted from the client’s deposit, thereafter; 60 days prior notice will result in a cancellation charge equal to 50% of the total estimated invoice balance, based on contracted specifications; 30 days prior notice will result in a cancellation charge equal to 75% of the total estimated invoice balance, based on contracted specification; less than 29 days prior notice will result in a cancellation charge equal to 100% of the total estimated invoice balance, based on contracted specifications.
- We do allow clients to bring in their own beverages (including alcoholic drinks) and OUTSIDE FOOD CATERING at no extra charge . Any Food or Drink must be approved – We will want to know if your food will be from a caterer or restaurant, or if it will be homemade. The only circumstances where we might not approve of food is if someone’s caterer wanted to grill food inside of the gallery, or any food that would be very messy and possibly ruin artwork on the walls or the walls themselves, or leave a bad smell in the space.
- If food items will be for sale at an event, the client’s caterer will be required to provide Gallery Black Lagoon with a valid proof of Insurance and a Catering Permit.
- DO YOU NEED A TEMPORARY FOOD EVENT PERMIT? City of Austin Link: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/health/downloads/CH-08_Do_You_Need_a_Temporary_Food_Event_Permit%20_2_.pdf
Additional regulations & Details:
- There is no kitchen or cleaning station at this facility.
- All dishes, utensils, & glassware must be cleaned OFF-SIGHT. Contracting Party or Caterers are PROHIBITED from cleaning dishes outside on the gallery’s patio, grass, or any area.
- The facility’s hand sinks are to be used only for hand washing or to acquire drinking/tap water.
- Our facility does not have a grease trap, therefore according to health code regulations; food may not be cooked on the premise.
- Additionally, our old plumbing, and lack of a grease trap make our sinks un-suitable for cleaning dishes. Thanks for your understanding!
- Using disposable cups, dishes and utensils, is strongly suggested 🙂
Here is a HELPFUL LINK from TABC, on how to legally serve beer and liquor at a special event:
“Can an establishment give away free alcoholic beverages to customers without having a permit?
It is legal to provide free alcoholic beverages without a permit. However, to be truly “free” it must be available to any adult who walks in the door and requests it. If it is only available to paying customers, the assumption is that the cost of the alcohol is included in the price of the service. In this case, the retailer would be “selling” the wine, and a permit would be required. When the establishment provides the alcoholic beverage, there cannot be any expectation of receiving money. The establishment cannot ask for a “donation” or “tip.” If the alcoholic beverage will only be available to paying guests, then the establishment will need a permit.“http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/faq/general.asp
AVAILABLE to rent for private events 7 Days a Week: afternoons, evenings and late into the night!